Our staff has a broad range of expertise in numerous areas. Listed below are our main areas of practice. However, if you have any enquiry as to any other legal matter, we would be more than happy to assist you. If your legal problem is in an area outside of our experience, we are happy to provide you with an appropriate referral to other Wollongong firms.
- Family Law including parenting orders, relocation applications, property settlements, enforcements, defacto property claims, Binding Financial Agreements, divorce, spousal maintenance, exclusive occupation of the home and other injunctions, urgent interim orders and child support.
- Children's Matters including Children's Court in both criminal and care jurisdictions. This includes representation for parents, children, carers and grandparents in care proceedings in fresh applications brought by the Department of Family and Community Services, as well as Applications to vary previous care Orders.
- Conveyancing and land transactions. We offer fixed price conveyancing as well as assistance and advice in relation to refinancing, leasing and buying "off the plan".
- Criminal law matters. We appear in all matters in the Local and District Courts, including guilty pleas (eg drink driving matters) and at defended hearings. We also brief counsel in relation to Appeals against convictions, or as to the severity of sentences.
- Will & Estates including disputed estates under the Succession Act, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship. This includes everything from drafting a new will, to applying for a grant of Probate, to challenging a deceased estate on behalf of an excluded beneficiary.
- Local Court Matters including domestic violence cases (for defendants as well as applicants), as well as demerit points license appeals and other applications (such as Habitual Traffic Offender declarations).
- Civil Disputes including Local, District or Supreme Court matters. We conduct cases for people who are owed money in debt recovery, as well as on behalf of people who are subject to debt recovery proceedings.
- Employment Law including unfair dismissals, claims for unpaid wages, long service leave, superannuation and other statutory entitlements.
- Mediation Services in relation to disputes over property as well as children. We also mediate commercial disputes (eg. workplace conflict) or Succession Act claims.